Hubert Jason Cumberdale is a character featured in the Salad Fingers series. He tastes like soot and poo.
Hubert is first introduced in the second episode, Friends, along with Marjory Stewart-Baxter and Jeremy Fisher. Hubert has no dialogue in the series, other than some electronic sounds he screams during a dream sequence of Salad Fingers has after loss of blood. Later there is a flashback where a human Hubert Cumberdale is seen getting his hair dried alongside Salad Fingers. Salad Fingers renames him Barbara Logan-Price in the episode Picnic.
Hubert is a little white finger puppet with a sewn on mouth and black dots for eyes. He wears a dim coloured yellow shirt with stains on it and a blue/black/dark blue bandana and in one episode, he wore a top hat and black pants.
Episode List Edit
- Hubert seems to be Salad Fingers' favorite puppet as he is seen the most.
- It has been theorized by some that Hubert might have been Salad Fingers' brother before the supposed nuclear fallout of the The Great War. Alternatively, Hubert represents the murderous side of Salad Fingers' personality and could be Salad Finger's true identity.
- The name, "Hubert.C," when unscrambled becomes "Butcher." Alternatively, "Hubert Cumberdale" can be rearranged into "butcher," "rue," and "bedlam."
- In the episode "Shore Leave", Hubert dug a deep hole in the ground by Salad Fingers' shack and found Kenneth's body. However, it is also possible that Salad Fingers dug the hole and either forgot about it or simply pretended that Hubert dug the hole.
- In the episode Birthday, after Salad Fingers wakes up, he is forgotten in the forest by Salad Fingers.